Monday, May 21, 2012

HE CAN READ MY MIND - HE HAS A GIFT



I don't know why God chose me to be Colin's mom, but he did!!  Some people believe that Colin chose me.  No one ever really understood Colin.  Being the totally loving, caring person I am, I was (and continue to be, of course) totally and completely devoted to our beautiful son.  I understood him completely and I completely did not understand him.  As a baby his verbal skills were really delayed, but it did not take me long to figure out the "sounds"!!!  He and I were connected at a profound level.  I did not know at the time, but I know it now.  He also knows me completely.  Its like he can hear my thoughts.  It was spooky when I first noticed and, for a long time, I ignored the "signs".

My friend Marie once told me that Colin was more "evolved" than any of us.   That really got me noticing and accepting more things about Colin.  When we share our "secrets" with others, its easier to accept our reality.  And we no longer feel crazy!!!  

For instance, one day when we were living in Regina, I was busy in the kitchen doing the dishes. I was thinking about what I was planning to wear to a party.  Colin was sitting at the kitchen table behind me and he volunteered out of the blue without any prompting from me; "Mom, why don't you wear the blue dress?"   He would have been about 11 or 12 years old then.

There were many events like this on a daily basis and I often just ignored and denied.  Our connection continues today.  Just recently, I was thinking about some art work that Colin had created and that was sitting around our house waiting to be framed.  I thought that I would "mention" to Colin that he consider giving it to my sister Louise for her 25th wedding anniversary.  I no sooner thought the thought that the phone rang and he said "Oh Mom, I was just thinking that I should give that artwork to Auntie Louise"!!!  He was not in the kitchen with me picking up on my "vibes", he was on the other side of the City  -  many km's away!!!

This never ceases to amaze me.  Colin never ceases to amaze me.  He has many gifts.  He is my gift from God.  I am grateful, Thank you God.

"What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise."  -  Oscar Wilde




2 comments:

  1. Spooky, but true. I should talk to him on a daily basis!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure that could be arranged ::))

    ReplyDelete