Thursday, June 7, 2012

THE PHONE CALLS AND HIS LAUGH

Good morning my beautiful MOM  -  its 7:30 AM and he calls me every (yes every) morning.  Sometimes, its "good morning gorgeous" in a voice that is dripping with joy and happiness!!  You gotta ask yourself where does that come from??  Of course, we know where it comes from.  It comes from his heart and his heart is blessed with no stress, complete faith and complete acceptance.  No judgement and complete unconditional love  -  could I please have some of that  -  please??

Colin lives independently and in many respects, is very independent but he is still very attached to me in many ways.  We have let go of him and encourage as much independence as possible, but I still manage his finances  -  I am working on letting that go too.  He has a "standing" invitation to come to our house every Sunday and any other special family gathering.  But in between his visits  -  he certainly calls me and stays in touch with me.  Now he has a cell phone and it can be upwards of ten calls per day, somedays its more.  I have programmed my phone to remind me that it's "my angel" calling me.  Sometimes, when its the 10th call and I am going crazy with many other "things" in my little life  -  I sometimes answer the phone with "WHAT COLIN, now what do you want???"  To which he responds  "Oh Mom  -  I want to tell you something"!!!

He is usually calling to remind me about his laundry money, his bus pass, his grocery cards, and oh Mom, a little gossip like "I called Auntie Norma today and SHE said....."

He calls his two grandma's every every day.  They love it and so does he.  He keeps them both informed with all the details every day.  We could learn something from that also.

He is a detail person and if he met you today, he would remember all your details, the color of your hair / eyes / shoes / dress / slacks / jewelry.  He will remember what you said, and he will remind me, usually quizzing me to see if I remember.  I usually don't and he just laughs.  He has the best laugh  -  of course I love his laugh.   He throws his head back, mouth wide open and laughs a  big wide open laugh from the bottom of his socks.  We could all learn to laugh like Colin.  When was the last time that you had a laugh like that???

Well, he is a great guy, but at times I have to dig really deep to get to the gratitude and come up with more patience for that 10th phone call.  In the end of course its always worth it, because you never know when he's going to say "Hi my gorgeous Mom"  -  I would be willing to bet there are many Moms who would give their right arm to get just one call like that.  The reward is that, as I shared in an earlier blog, he made me grow up and now he is keeping me young....  but don't tell him that cuz he would just laugh.

I am blessed and so is he.  Thank you God!!!  Blessings to you, and Thank You!!!




1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad a mutual friend referred me to this blog. I'm going to subscribe! Keep it coming! Thanks for sharing, Lorraine.

    ReplyDelete